A car wreck checklist will help you collect all the information needed after an accident. If you have been involved in a car wreck in Texas, you will understand hard it is to think after the trauma of a car wreck.
There are over 14,000 serious car wrecks in Texas every year. Even if you are a safe driver, the person next to you may not be a safe driver. Accidents happen, don’t be unprepared.
Car Wreck Checklist
- If possible, move your vehicle out of traffic.
- Put your vehicle in park and turn the car off.
- Turn on your hazard lights.
- Check yourself and passengers for injuries.
- Call 911
- From the other driver get:
- Name: _________________________________________
- Driver’s License Number: __________________________
- Insurance Company: ______________________________
- Insurance Policy Number: __________________________
- Insurance Phone Number: __________________________
- License Plate State and Number: _____________________
- DO NOT SAY THAT THE ACCIDENT WAS YOUR FAULT.
- Get names and contact information from any witnesses __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Note the time of day/night, the weather conditions and any factors that could have contributed to the accident __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Take pictures with your camera or phone of:
- The damage to both vehicles
- Any skid marks
- The location showing where the accident happened
- The other driver’s license plate
- The police officer’s report number
- Call MLF Legal at (214)357-1782 to start the investigation of your claim and to help you get to a doctor to examine your injuries if any.
(tear off to give other driver)
Your name: ___________________________________________
Your insurance company name: ___________________________
Your insurance policy number: ____________________________
Your driver’s license number: _____________________________
You can download the Car Wreck Checklist at the MLF legal web page. If you would like a hard copy, stop by any of our MLF Legal offices and pick up your free copy. Keep the Car Wreck Checklist in your glove box. If you are involved in a car wreck you will have everything you need at your finger tips.